What is Unified Payment Interface (UPI) ??
Unified Payment Interface or UPI is a payment system launched by NPCI ( or National Payments Corporation of India regulated by the Reserve Bank of India, enables the banks to launch apps (which can be downloaded and installed by the user) for online transactions through smart phones.
What are the features of UPI ??
- One can transfer funds from one customer account (bank account) to another by using the bank’s UPI app in the smartphone
- It’s an advanced version of IMPS (Immediate Payment Service) where the transfer of payment takes place through unique payment id.
MPIN (Mobile Banking Personal Identification Number) is used by the user to confirm payment
- It allows a user to transfer fund both online and offline without typing the card number and other details every time
- It is safer than other means of payment, since user share only the MPIN here and not the all card details while making a payment
- There’s a limit of 1 lakh per transaction
- You can make payment for movie tickets, for railway & air tickets, for shopping online and almost everywhere now.
Government of India has launched BHIM app based on UPI. It enables the citizen to start making mobile payments easily almost everywhere they want.
How to use UPI while making online payment??
While shopping online, you will see an option on the payment page to choose the “method of payment”. And the page where VISA/Master Card, net banking options are visible you will also see an option “Make UPI payment”. Just choose this option and pay using your MPIN you created with your bank’s UPI app.
Note: You need to install and setup your account first with your bank’s UPI app. Which you can download and install from the Play Store in your android based smartphone.
Latest posts by Aditya Singh (see all)
- How to embed Youtube Video in a WordPress site - August 6, 2017
- Join Payoneer With Payoneer Promo & Earn $25 for Free - July 29, 2017
- XSHOP WooCommerce Theme Review: What’s Good & Bad in it? - July 23, 2017